The refreshing, crystal clear waters of Boat Harbour Beach are ideal for swimming, snorkelling and scuba diving (a Scuba Centre is located just 10 minutes away in the town of Wynyard). Swimming is safe for all ages, with the local surf life saving club on hand. For those with a surfing interest, the easterly winds often bring much-desired waves at either end of the beach.
If you’re looking to simply relax, there are numerous options! Kick back on the spacious upper sun deck with a glass of wine, read a book while lazing in the hammock on the lower deck, stretch out on the lawn in the garden, or find a patch of warm white sand a few steps on.
The local café at the surf club is only a two minute stroll along the beach. There you can enjoy seriously good coffee, amazing breakfasts, lunches and dinners; even occasional live music.
There are also plenty of great day trips from Boat Harbour Beach…
• Discover Tasmania's spectacular World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain - Lake St. Clair National Park – it’s just a 1.5 hour drive from Boat Harbour Beach to Cradle Mountain National Park.
• Explore Historic Stanley Village and the Nut – it’s only half an hour away.
• Every October you can enjoy the nearby Wynyard Tulip Festival – a celebration of everything colourful, beautiful and charming in the area.
• Rocky Cape National Park is only 10 minutes drive from Boat Harbour Beach, and features some of Tasmania's finest Aboriginal caves.
• Tarkine Forest Adventures and wilderness maze is a great family day out, and it’s only an hour away.
• For panoramic views of the North West Coast area, explore Table Cape and its Lighthouse.
• Nearby Burnie is only half an hour away, and offers numerous attractions, including the Pioneer Village Museum and Cheese Tasting at Lactos Cheese Factory.
• Or if chocolate is more your thing, Anver's Chocolate Factory just outside of Devonport is only an hour away!